Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TROC Wins Prestigious Editor's Choice Award

© 2009 Albert A Rasch
.
First Place Editor's Choice Award


In what I can only say was a complete surprise to me, and to my utter delight, The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles has won the First Survival and Disaster Preparedness Carnival. Actually my post A Ruger 10/22 Rotary Magazine Tutorial won the Editors Choice Award.

Image Credit: Belavista
When Flea at Be a Survivor first invited me to join in his carnival, I thought it was an invitation to Rio, but no, it was to a Blog Carnival.

Still hoping, I asked, "Are we going to Rio for it?" I feverishly dug through my box of assorted weird stuff, shoving aside the shrunken pygmy skull that I picked up in Little Haiti, and the ceremonial Polynesian loincloth given to me by a grateful Islander princess, looking for the carved Nordic mask of Loki, God of Mischief. "No, no, no you crazy loon, send me one of your favorite posts on survival or preparedness. By e-mail. This all done through the intnetz!" Dejected, I shoved the "box of the weird" way back in the closet where neither Al Gore nor the kids will find it...

Image Credit: SoftyPapa
Blog Carnivals, for those of you that aren't familiar with them, are organized by an individual and gather as many blog posts about a particular subject. Over twenty submissions were made to this one, all of them worth reading and many of them as good as it gets.

Mosey on over and take a look at some of the offerings; you'll be glad you did!

Now to make me a little widget with a trophy....

Regards,
Albert
The Hunt Continues...

9 comments:

Hubert Hubert said...

Great job, Albert. Well deserved recognition coming your way.

Wild Ed said...

Congrats my friend. A well deserved tribute. :)

Holly Heyser said...

Three cheers for Albert!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations buddy.

me said...

Congratulations! The best of the best.

Have a great day.

Michael Spinelli said...

Congratulations to you! Your writing certainly deserves some kind of recognition!

Peace,
Mike

Z@X said...

Way to go Albert! Well done!

GoGo said...

Albert,
Outstanding. Well done. It's always good to be recognized by one's peers....well deserved! Keep up the good work.

-GoGo

Bob said...

Congratulations, Albert!