Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TROC's Link Rodeo!

© 2009 Albert A Rasch and
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles
.
Howdy folks!

I learned of this concept, "The Link Rodeo," somewhere on Al Gore's Internet over the last few days. Not only does it expose folks to other writers and their blogs, but on those days when you just can't come up with anything to write about, or in my case, too tired to take the photos for a half dozen posts, you can at least put something out there that is useful.

While fighting Mark Osterholt's plagiarism I found a couple of really good blogs.

First on my list is Fly Fish Chick. I found her post, Through Melrose Colored Glasses had been plagiarized and let her know we were on the job getting it removed. I took a look at much of her work and really enjoyed it. She has great pictures and storytelling. Great candidate for the OBS!

Steam of Time by Len Harris is a beauty! His stuff was plagiarized also. Great photos, video, and storylines make this one a real winner. It is incredibly smart and clever! Go check it out! NOW!

My friend Wild Ed over at Wild Ed's Texas Outdoors has had a series of posts with practical hints and techniques, and a really cool video on Spotted Cats right on our southern border. Another really good and very important one is his post on Ticks and Disease Prevention.

Whitetail Woods always has something interesting. Recently Rick posted Babbling in the Whitetail Woods, and I think it really is a fascinating and thought provoking post. So much so that I have been giving it a lot of thought. See what you think about it.

I've made some new friends too. Scott Croner is an outfitter in Nebraska. He just started blogging a week ago, joined the OBS, and got me thinking about turkey hunting. His blog, Nebraska Hunting Outfitters, is in its infancy but it should have very interesting perspectives from a professional's point of view.One of my Friends

Harris' Hawk Blog has a great post on doing the right thing with respect to global warming and the issues arising from it. Though the science is still out on the subject, there are things that are of great concern: glaciers retreating, ice shelf disappearing, shorelines encroaching. Maybe they are temporary, maybe not. I will say that many years ago I saw an art exhibition on American painters of the Naturalists persuasion where there were several paintings of ice skaters from Virginia to New York and further north. So something is going on.

By necessity, this one is a little shorter than I would like it to be. But from now on I am going to have a draft ready where I can cut and paste interesting links, blogs, and sites for everyone to explore.

Best regards,
Albert

1 comment:

Kristine Shreve said...

I like these sorts of posts. That really is what Community Wednesday is all about, letting people know about blogs they may not have seen otherwise. I think it's a good thing.

Now we just have to get all those who aren't OBS members to join up. We're at 206 blogs as of this morning. I think we should go for an even 300.