Friday, October 7, 2011

Greetings from the Front: Masum Ghar

Masum Ghar, Afghanistan
© 2011 Albert A Rasch and
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles

Greetings my friends!

I have the unparralelled delight to be able to access a small bit of bandwidth and send a message to all of you!

I am currently in Masum Ghar, waiting on an opportunity to get to my newest base Sperwan Ghar, otherwise known as "Skull Mountain." These are former Canadian bases (Which were former Soviet bases!) that are now American bases, and when we turn them over to the Afghans these bases will be former American bases. It all works out if you let it.

Y'all follow that?

Here are a couple of pictures to entertain yourselves with.

Masum Ghar, Afghanistan, Albert A Rasch


It really is a very pretty area, the river that flows through nearby allows quite a bit of greenery to thrive. It also provides plenty of cover for the insurgents, but you have to take the good with the bad.

Well my friends, I hope to be home in a couple of weeks for another short respite from the trials and tribulations of managing these projects. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to blog from my new post and keep you all up to date!

Best regards,
Albert

2 comments:

Albert Quackenbush said...

Albert! Great to see a post from you and glad to hear you are safe. Thanks for sharing the photos, too. It does look beautiful, but I am sure you have to see it to really appreciate it. Best of luck getting home and enjoying yourself. Cheers and God bless! ~ Al

Home on the Range said...

Glad you are getting home to your loved ones for a little bit.

I've appreciated the emails keeping me up on what's going on over there.

Best,
B.